Can I get stems of the string tracks?
- Yes, we always send individual tracks that line up with the original mix or scratch track you've sent us.
When can I expect my string tracks?
- If you have a due date within two weeks of your request, we can make sure you get your tracks on time. If not, we will communicate when you can expect them.
How many tracks will you use?
- This is totally up to you. If you have a specific number of tracks in mind, please let us know. Otherwise, we'll use our best judgment.
How do you record?
- We record all our string parts at our home studio in Rotterdam, The Netherlands. All tracks are recorded in stereo, and no EQ or mixing is done to the tracks.
How do I import the string tracks into my mix?
- All string tracks will start at exactly the same time as the mix you sent us. To line them up, simply line them up with the start of that mix. If the strings still don't line up, please don't hesitate to contact us.
How do I know I'll be happy with the tracks?
- Your happiness is our priority. That's why we will send you a rough mix of the track before we send you the final stems. If you have any questions, comments or concerns about the arrangement, we can make adjustments until you are 200% satisfied.
Do you provide cello?
- We provide violin and viola tracks, but can record cello separately for an additional fee.
What if I don't like the tracks you send?
- Too bad. (Just kidding). We will do everything to make sure you are satisfied with our service. If all else fails, we will offer you a full refund.
What transfer service do you use?
- We prefer using Wetransfer but can also use Dropbox or Google Drive. It's up to you!
What is included in the final transfer?
- The final transfer includes your original scratch track or mix, the rough mix of the strings together, all individual string tracks and your invoice. All your individual string tracks are ordered numerically and labeled by instrument.
Are your string arrangements mine to use?
- Unfortunately, no. Even though it's your song, the string arrangements are intellectual property of StringKitchen. So if you'd like to use the arrangement for commercial purposes, you'll have to let us know. Nice try though!
What's your favorite color?